Founded in 1991 by Ben Robertson, a second-generation contractor
With a strong team and extensive fleet, Robertson Contractors, Inc. is committed to providing exceptional service in all aspects of construction. We specialize in highway and bridge construction, cofferdam and piling installation, treatment plants, sewer line, waterline construction and stormwater management, wastewater treatment facilities, as well as commercial and industrial development and design build construction.
OUR CORE VALUES
We conduct our business and personal affairs with the highest levels of integrity. We take responsibility and accountability for all our words and actions. We are honest, straightforward and deal fairly with everyone. Operational and financial records are maintained accurately and truthfully — no exceptions.
At Robertson, we never stop raising the bar. Consistently focused on high quality production, we commit to excellence in all we do. We encourage new and innovative ideas with forward thinking. We build our work right the first time, delivering with a sense of urgency the highest value to our clients.
Without our safety-minded workforce, our company would cease to exist — it is that simple. That is why we hire the best and brightest minds in the industry. And by providing the best training, we watch our employees strengthen their skills to further our company’s success.
Robertson Contractors, Inc. takes pride in our commitment to safety and our safety program. This program is a top priority for us. We actively encourage “safety consciousness”, expecting everyone to be cautious while working and planning. It is our job to create safe work environments.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe work environment for our employees and we take this responsibility seriously. We expect our employees to take safety seriously as well. Only through a team effort, can we ensure safe work practices and conditions. A safety program requires more than words found in a handbook; it requires a concentrated effort by everyone. Safety is a “sharing proposition”. We all must share in this responsibility.
We accomplish our safety goals by providing training in the following areas:
- OSHA 30-Hour and 10-Hour Training
- Hazard Communication-GHS
- Advanced Work-Zone
- Signal and Rigging
- Flagger Certification
- Fall Protection Training
- Forklift Training
- Crane Rigging and Flagman Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Competent Person Training
Further steps taken to promote safety:
- Our Safety Director, Chet Razer, is a former OSHA Area Director and is a Certified Safety Professional credentialed by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Our superintendents facilitate weekly safety meetings on various site specific topics.
- RCI’s home office is a certified testing center for both Cranes and Derricks as well as Fork Lift Training and Certification. RCI employees operating cranes and forklifts have successfully completed the training and obtained certification.
- All RCI Superintendents and Foremen are deemed competent persons which are trained and empowered to identify hazards on-site, enforce the company’s safety program, and demonstrate the sharing proposition which holds everyone accountable for safety.
RCI’s team of managers, supervisors, and foremen are OSHA 30 trained. All other field personnel have completed the OSHA 10. RCI continues to provide further safety training by providing OSHA 30 Training for all employees.
- RCI crane operators are OSHA certified under the Cranes & Derricks in Construction, 1926.1427.
We recognize that the quality of life for our employees and their families is influenced by the quality of the community in which we all live. We believe that we can have a positive impact on our community, and in the lives of our employees and their families, through targeted and intentional community involvement. We provide monetary support to numerous organizations each year, and extend our belief that leadership is essential to the success of any entity. We encourage our employees to be active participants in those community organizations and events that are focused on community development and improvement.